"I'm as dope as the era they introduced the needle, you're an Optimus Prime versus this Magneto" -Joey the Bull

Dallas rap dude Joey the Bull dropped this posse cut Make Way by Flotation (featuring Fever, Joey The Bull and Molekular, with cuts by Tape Mastah Steph) on the GhettoManga Facebook wall a few days ago, but I just got around to listening to it today. The short version: It's dope. Stream and/or download it below.

I've lived in the Dallas area and been creeping around the local hip hop scene for over a decade, so I'm familiar with all these dudes. Been listening to Fever and Molekular for years, but just discovered Joey the Bull via the opening verse on this DFW Cypher video they did at SXSW in 2012.

I've said this before on Facebook or something, but it's not official until I write it on the blog: Joey the Bull is a star in the making. He has a memorable voice, lyrical strength and mad charisma. He loves the camera, and it loves him. I haven't heard that much of Joey's shit, but what I have heard is promising. Just from the way he bounces around the frame in this video, you get the impression that he loves rapping and believes he very good at it. My interactions with Joey give me the impression that he is hungry and creatively ambitious. If he can manage not to get burnt out on industry bullshit and the other everyday trials of life, I would say the sky's the limit for this dude.
peace...
-samax.
 

Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. Whenever possible, he makes it awesome, so click here if you need custom art.


comics. hiphop. news. art. culture
 
Album art by GhettoManga
 

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here