Read the first issue of Larime Taylor's A VOICE IN THE DARK: GET YOUR GUN here! Issue two is in stores now.

 I never read Larime Taylor's serial killer soap opera A Voice in the Dark before today, but this cover to A Voice in the Dark: Get Your Gun #1 caught my eye, and the sales pitch said it was a good jumping on point for new readers. So I jumped on. Did I mention the whole first issue was posted online by the publisher, Top Cow? Yeah... free comics...























Slice of life serial killer comics. I approve this message.  Anyways, here's some pages from the second issue...






I don't really have a history of falling for the bad girls, but I love Larime Taylor's deadpan killing machine Zoey Aarons. Maybe I shouldn't be excited that Taylor pushed back on stereotypes by making his serial killer a black female, but I am. I so am! Zoey's awkward budding romance with cheerleader-smashing stalker Rio is a train wreck waiting to happen.
I feel guilty about how much I enjoyed these preview pages, so I need to get my hands on A Voice in the Dark Volume 1, which collects the previous seven issues of Zoey's story, so I can take it all in. But Taylor did a great job of setting the stage at the beginning. If you're already caught up, or you just wanna hit the ground running, A Voice in the Dark: Get Your Gun #2 is in stores now!
Peace,
-samax
Samax Amen draws people, places and things for fun and profit. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008. 
GhettoManga.com 
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here