Here's a Kid Carvers sketch Samax drew for a customer

So I needed some money one day, so instead of asking for money, I offered a one day sale where customers who bought an issue of Kid Carvers & The Backyard Bike Bandits from the GM store got a free sketch of the Carver twins.  The offer got lots of likes, shares and a few comments, but only one customer.  So here's what I drew for him...

 I drew this with a good old fashioned wooden #2 pencil.  Then using my trusty Artograph lightbox and some Sharpies (specifically: a sharpie pen, a fine point, and a chisel tip), I inked it onto a sheet of Neenah Exact Index 110 lb premium cardstock paper.  I am not really that choosy when it comes to drawing tools.  For the most part, anything I use can be bought anywhere, and that's how I like it.  I don't like the feeling of being helpless without this "special" pen or that "special" paper.  Don't get me wrong!  I enjoy fancy brush pens and high end markers, but I honestly feel like I can draw just as good with basic tools.  Maybe my customers and fans would agree, and maybe they wouldn't?


Anyways, the good news is the customer who bought the book also bought a bunch of other comics, and that was all it took to get me over the hump that day.  Anyways, hope you enjoyed this piece!  Check out more process art on my art blog, or subscribe to my newsletter.

Have great day!
-samax

Samax Amen is a professional Content Developer, Illustrator and Cartoonist. He is the artist of many great comics you never heard of like Herman Heed, Champion of Children, The Brother and The World As You Know It. He even writes and draws his own comics, like Dare: The Adventures of Darius Davidson, Spontaneous, and Manchild when he gets around to it. Because making comics is hard and stuff, he started GhettoManga as a blog in 2006 and as a print magazine in 2008.



GhettoManga.com
comics. hiphop. news. art. culture

No comments:

This Post Brought to you by

Zero Killer TPB

This post brought to you by

This post brought to you by
Support GhettoManga + Save on Books = WIN

was that it? find it here